CLIP: Federal Reserve Raises Interest Rates
AIR DATE: Thursday, December 15, 2016
Steve Bell talked about the results of the Federal Reserve’s quarterly Federal Open Market Committee meeting and possible implications for consumers.
- Bell Ringer: The Federal Reserve (2:16)
Economist Nela Richardson explains the purpose and responsibilities of the Federal Reserve.
- Bell Ringer: The Federal Reserve, Monetary Policy, and Recessions (3:35)
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Senior Vice President and Chief Economist Martin Regalia spoke to reporters about the Federal Reserve’s use of monetary easing policies in relation to the financial crisis of 2007 and eventual recession.
- Bell Ringer: U.S. Monetary Policy (15:10)
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke lectured an upper division economics class on the history of the Federal Reserve and explained the bank's dual role of promoting stability in the financial system and promoting economic policies to ensure maximum employment and price stability.
- Economics and Financial Literacy Bell Ringers (Members Only)
- Economics Lesson Plan (Members Only)
PEOPLE IN THIS VIDEO:
- Steve Bell
Bipartisan Policy Center->Economic Policy Project
Economy, Federal Reserve, Interest Rates, Jobs, Manufacturing, Mortgage, Consumers, Unemployment